How to Take Care of Your Car’s Interior?
The car floor mats save your interior from mud and spills. It is essential to regularly clean your car’s floor mats.
Your 2017 Ford Taurus floor mats take the hardest hit when you return to your car from a sports field or any trip.
Car floor mats are of different types. The way of cleaning also differs.
Here are some ways to clean the interior of your car.
What You Need
Be sure to collect the necessary materials for the job before embarking on cleaning your floor mats at your Grand Junction-area home. You will require the following, regardless of whether you have rubber floor mats or carpet floor mats:
- A vacuum cleaner
- Floor pad cleanser for rubber or carpet
- Brush with Stiff Bristle
- Hose or bath bowl
Keep a microfiber towel on hand while washing rubber mats, or clear out a spot to put them to dry.
Clean Your Rubber Floor Mats
Follow these guidelines on how to disinfect Ford Taurus floor mats made of rubber:
- Strip the rubber floor mats from your car for washing. You won’t hurt your interior in this manner.
- Shake out the mats and rid your mat of loose particles.
- In clean water, scrub the sheets.
- Scrub with a cleanser designed for the rigid bristle brush for rubber mats. It removes dirt and grime.
- Rinse the mats down with the cleanser.
- To dry the pads, use your microfiber towel or hang them to dry. Before you return them to your car, they should be fully dry.
Clean Your Carpet Floor Mats
- Follow these tips for how to disinfect floor mats for carpets:
- Again, to avoid scratching the cabin, strip the floor mats from your car.
- To get rid of loose material, shake the mats out, and whack them against a rough surface to loosen up tiny particles.
- Only clean the mats.
- Scrub with a cleanser intended to eliminate stains and ground-in particles for carpet mats, closely following application instructions.
- Thoroughly rinse the sheets.
- To clean the mats again, use a wet towel to remove excess dirt and cut down on the drying time.
- Hang the mats to dry before returning them to your car, allowing them to dry entirely.
Vinyl & Custom Molded Liners
Strong vinyl mats may be translucent to allow the carpet in a range of colors to show through. Strong vinyl pads, similar to plastic, are not as durable and long-lasting but are typically less costly. Like factory doormats, car mats may also be made of extruded vinyl fibers fixed to a durable lining. These are generated by 3M and are called rugs of the Nomad.
Custom molded floor liners are the top-of-the-line if you are looking for the best way to cover the OEM carpet in your vehicle. More robust than most pads, these protectors protect even more than just the floor of the car. To blend into the floor well, they are molded and climb several inches up the vehicle’s sides to catch any spills.
Now that you know how to clean your car floor mats, you can do it yourself at home. You will adjust, and it will become a more manageable task with time.